Friday 17 July 2020

Evaluation of my practical skills


Overall this year I feel like I have had improved my skills as a videographer. The constant practical work that we did definitely helped me improve especially in a short amount of time. I have learnt lots of new skills and refined on the ones that I already had. This course has opened my eyes more on what I can do and what can be achieved if you plan. 







For example the 4-hour film challenges. They were a great example of this. Planning, shooting and editing a short video/film in 4 hours makes you think quicker and act quicker. Sometimes these can not be as polished but it definitely helps improve my skills and helps me communicate with my classmates better as we are working against the clock. 








When it comes to camera skills the majority of the technical things like the ISO, shutter speed and f stop I knew from my A levels in Photography, Media studies and Film Studies. All of these A levels helped me to become more efficient and definitely gave me an edge in the begging of the course as the basics of the camera I already knew. While I still did the exercises with the camera it definitely helped me refine those techniques the more I did. 






When it came to planning and shooting a music video I feel like I came into my own, all of the prep and research I did make me very excited to film and edit the video. Creating my own narrative and using interesting shots to make the video more interesting. It challanged my techniques and thoughts which ultimately is why the video is one of my personal favourites. I was very passionate about the song and decided to focus the narrative of the video on the song lyrics so it gave me some structure and was simple to follow. This helped me to be more articulate and precise when it came to the planning as I wanted the narrative to be easy to follow and link to the song. 

I became very passionate about creating videos. I even got approached by a local band who wanted a music video to be made for them for there new song. I had lots of time to plan and scout out locations it made the video feel more complete. Even though this video wasn't apart of the course it helped me expand my connections and improved my skills. 



This course has been great as I have had so many opportunities to meet new people and expand my knowledge of video creating. I have made plenty of videos that I have enjoyed making. While there were some that maybe weren't as good as others there are still lots of them that made that I am very passionate about. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation of my practical skills

Overall this year I feel like I have had improved my skills as a videographer. The constant practical work that we did definitely helped me...