Tuesday 24 September 2019

Induction Work

A:

Lighting affects camera techniques dramatically, both in a positive and creative way and a negative and unintentional way. In some films lighting is used to cover up bad visual effects and unintentional things that happen on set that they cannot change in post.


Example of a documentary style:

If the shoot is outside I would have a key light source with a soft-box about 5 feet in front of them. The light would be tall and facing down at them. I will have another small back light behind the subject so that it lights up behind him and separates the subject from the background. This will also define the subject more. Find a neutral background so that it’s not as distracting and the viewer is focused on the subject. The audio will be captured by using a mic pinned to the subjects body. If we were outside this would be essential as the weather could be unpredictable. An alternative would be to use a boom mic with a cat so that any wind would be unnoticed when listening. I would use a DSLR camera with an f2.8 so that the subject is in focus. The lens would not be a wide lens as I want it to be close up. The tripod height will be eye level to the subject so that it seems as natural as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation of my practical skills

Overall this year I feel like I have had improved my skills as a videographer. The constant practical work that we did definitely helped me...